I am not compensated for any reviews on this site. Some products have been sent to me by the manufacturer without cost for the purpose of testing and review, without any conditions on the results or content of the reviews. I may receive commissions from items for which advertisements appear on this site.
Sunday, November 27, 2011
We, on the other hand, have safety nets everywhere. If you are without shelter in the rain, you can at least, duck into a bus station, or a mall, and warm up and dry off for a while. If you are hungry, there are social welfare and community service organizations who will dish you up a meal.
Our society is not a utopia, don't get me wrong. There are homeless and hungry people abounding in the world. In general, however, our societies strive to feed the hungry, house the homeless, and treat the ill and infirm. Our predecessors did not have this social net in place. Eat or die. Get shelter or die. Get sick and probably die. Harsh life to be sure, but it produced a physical body which we inherited that is incredibly capable of survival.
If 'OGG' had a chance at a big pecan pie, he'd have undoubtedly eaten it to the point that he got sick to his stomach. We're used to such concentrated calories and sugar. We have it around us all the time, and societal expectations which often demand that we EAT IT. (WHETHER YOU WANT IT OR NOT!)
So as you fight the battle of the bulge, keep one thing in mind. You are no more, no less, than a caveman.......with pie.
Labels: CAVEMEN AND PIE
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (66)
- While we fight to stay healthy in a modern world, ...
- OK, that's what everyone seems to be talking...
- Ok, here we are at the day most feared by dieters...
- "Point shaving" is probably the ultimate taboo in ...
- We get caught up in our day to day activities...
- An article in the Boston Globe today, dealt with t...
- When you get a chance, the next time you're in a g...
- Those of us who refer to ourselves as "Runners" (y...
- I read today that researchers at the Univers...
- Bushido was the code of conduct of feudal Japan. ...
- A bit of a departure from our regular theme here: ...
- First of all, I wear shoes. Let's face it, in our...
- Christopher McDougall | Born to Run | National Bes...
- Holidays are upon us. This is a traditional time ...
- RESPONSIBILITY...................We have a very fo...
- The Lost Secret of Running - Video Library - The N...
- We have an elliptical machine that sits, ever at t...
- What I really need to know about fitness/diet/exer...
- Our culture seems to revolve around the consumptio...
- Looked at some "diet supplements". One thing that...
- ▼ November (20)
- "BLACK FRIDAY" (1)
- "Diet Supplements" (1)
- "IF IT FEELS BAD......DO IT" (1)
- "Point Shaving" (1)
- "Situational Eating" (1)
- A BETTER WAY TO MINIMIZE IMPACT (1)
- Blood Flow (1)
- Bushido (1)
- CABALLO BLANCO....... (1)
- CAVEMEN AND PIE (1)
- DIABETES INCREASE (1)
- DON'T BLAME PAULA DEEN (1)
- DON'T DO WHAT YOUR MOM SAID (1)
- END THE FEAST (1)
- FOOD PLACEMENT (1)
- FOOD RELATIONSHIPS (1)
- Just WHAT IS "PALEO"? (1)
- MARINE CORPS' 236TH BIRTHDAY (1)
- MY ATTITUDE COACH (1)
- MY RUNNING GROUP (1)
- NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS ARE A WASTE OF TIME........ALMOST (1)
- OLD HABITS DIE HARD (1)
- OPPORTUNITIES/FLEXIBILITY (1)
- PREDATORS (1)
- Primitive Encounters (1)
- RESPONSIBILITY (1)
- SHOES ARE RUINING OUR FEET (1)
- SLEEP (1)
- Stealth Calories (1)
- TALKING YOU DOWN FROM THE BRIDGE (1)
- TARGETED CALORIE EATING (1)
- THANKSGIVING (1)
- USMC BOOT CAMP LESSONS (1)
- WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? (1)
- WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU? (1)