I am not compensated for any reviews on this site. Some products have been sent to me by the manufacturer without cost for the purpose of testing and review, without any conditions on the results or content of the reviews. I may receive commissions from items for which advertisements appear on this site.
Friday, November 11, 2011
The idea behind this is that you must live............REALLY live your life. You have a duty to yourself and to those around you to be healthy and fit, to be productive. You want to die, whether it is unexpectedly from some tragic incident, or at age 105 quietly in bed, knowing that you did right by your life. If you have had, at some point, an incredibly busy day where you accomplished a lot, you naturally feel good at the end of the day. You can't help it. We were designed to work, to be productive, to be healthy and fit. With the right mind-set, you can be productive in many regards no matter your physical condition. You only have a duty to, as the Cub Scouts' motto reads: "Do your best." That's all anyone can ask. To do your best, though, you need to give your body what it requires. Good food, plenty of exercise, good sleep. Forget about "dieting". That's a great way to make yourself miserable for a while, to yo-yo up and down with your weight, and a way to spend a few hundred dollars on some "plan". Sit down, figure out your caloric need, adjust it for your physical activity, plan a small calorie deficit, as I've shown in other posts, and stick to it. Eat what your body wants and needs. No more, no less. If you go over a bit, ramp up your physical activity for the day. Your body will find its way back to a healthy weight level.
The samurai knew that they had a duty to their superiors to be able to produce. Activities that rendered the body inefficient, such as inactivity and overeating were not favored. You have a duty to be able to perform up to your particular level of physical activity, if the need arises. The main benefit of being able to fend for yourself, as your ancient ancestors did, is that you will feel better, both mentally and physically. If you get a chance, read "The Code of the Samurai". It may give you some perspective. You can find it on the "I Recommend" link to Amazon on the lower right side of this page.
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (66)
- While we fight to stay healthy in a modern world, ...
- OK, that's what everyone seems to be talking...
- Ok, here we are at the day most feared by dieters...
- "Point shaving" is probably the ultimate taboo in ...
- We get caught up in our day to day activities...
- An article in the Boston Globe today, dealt with t...
- When you get a chance, the next time you're in a g...
- Those of us who refer to ourselves as "Runners" (y...
- I read today that researchers at the Univers...
- Bushido was the code of conduct of feudal Japan. ...
- A bit of a departure from our regular theme here: ...
- First of all, I wear shoes. Let's face it, in our...
- Christopher McDougall | Born to Run | National Bes...
- Holidays are upon us. This is a traditional time ...
- RESPONSIBILITY...................We have a very fo...
- The Lost Secret of Running - Video Library - The N...
- We have an elliptical machine that sits, ever at t...
- What I really need to know about fitness/diet/exer...
- Our culture seems to revolve around the consumptio...
- Looked at some "diet supplements". One thing that...
- ▼ November (20)
- "BLACK FRIDAY" (1)
- "Diet Supplements" (1)
- "IF IT FEELS BAD......DO IT" (1)
- "Point Shaving" (1)
- "Situational Eating" (1)
- A BETTER WAY TO MINIMIZE IMPACT (1)
- Blood Flow (1)
- Bushido (1)
- CABALLO BLANCO....... (1)
- CAVEMEN AND PIE (1)
- DIABETES INCREASE (1)
- DON'T BLAME PAULA DEEN (1)
- DON'T DO WHAT YOUR MOM SAID (1)
- END THE FEAST (1)
- FOOD PLACEMENT (1)
- FOOD RELATIONSHIPS (1)
- Just WHAT IS "PALEO"? (1)
- MARINE CORPS' 236TH BIRTHDAY (1)
- MY ATTITUDE COACH (1)
- MY RUNNING GROUP (1)
- NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS ARE A WASTE OF TIME........ALMOST (1)
- OLD HABITS DIE HARD (1)
- OPPORTUNITIES/FLEXIBILITY (1)
- PREDATORS (1)
- Primitive Encounters (1)
- RESPONSIBILITY (1)
- SHOES ARE RUINING OUR FEET (1)
- SLEEP (1)
- Stealth Calories (1)
- TALKING YOU DOWN FROM THE BRIDGE (1)
- TARGETED CALORIE EATING (1)
- THANKSGIVING (1)
- USMC BOOT CAMP LESSONS (1)
- WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? (1)
- WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU? (1)