I am not compensated for any reviews on this site. Some products have been sent to me by the manufacturer without cost for the purpose of testing and review, without any conditions on the results or content of the reviews. I may receive commissions from items for which advertisements appear on this site.
Thursday, November 3, 2011
What I really need to know about fitness/diet/exercise/perseverance, I learned during 12 weeks of what, at that time, seemed like pure Hell. USMC Boot Camp is a true "controlled environment". You sleep, eat, run, jump, relieve yourself, you name it..........when you are told to. At 19, most people (myself included) are or were undisciplined. That gets fixed really quickly with 3 combat veteran Drill Instructors screaming in your face. You run until you are tired......then you run some more..........then you run until you feel like you will drop.......then you keep running. You then get to do an obstacle course, then sit in a classroom and try to stay awake. You're up before dawn. You sleep like never before. You eat a lot during your meals.....you get no "snacks". You don't have a couch to sit on or a TV to watch. The upshot is that you are working hard, sleeping well, and eating plenty. Your body responds. I went in at what I thought was a relatively good weight for me. I came out 15 lbs lighter, much faster and stronger. Not everyone needs to go to Boot Camp, but you can approximate the results. Remember the three important factors. Work hard.....plenty of exercise.........sleep well (made easier by the exercise, I've found)........eat PLENTY of good food. Skip the "snacks". You don't need 'em. Be patient. Keep at it.......Don't set an artificial date to "achieve your desired results" That sets up a time in your mind at which you will want to return to your old behaviors. If you change to this lifestyle, You will get results! Go for it.
Labels: USMC BOOT CAMP LESSONS
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (66)
- While we fight to stay healthy in a modern world, ...
- OK, that's what everyone seems to be talking...
- Ok, here we are at the day most feared by dieters...
- "Point shaving" is probably the ultimate taboo in ...
- We get caught up in our day to day activities...
- An article in the Boston Globe today, dealt with t...
- When you get a chance, the next time you're in a g...
- Those of us who refer to ourselves as "Runners" (y...
- I read today that researchers at the Univers...
- Bushido was the code of conduct of feudal Japan. ...
- A bit of a departure from our regular theme here: ...
- First of all, I wear shoes. Let's face it, in our...
- Christopher McDougall | Born to Run | National Bes...
- Holidays are upon us. This is a traditional time ...
- RESPONSIBILITY...................We have a very fo...
- The Lost Secret of Running - Video Library - The N...
- We have an elliptical machine that sits, ever at t...
- What I really need to know about fitness/diet/exer...
- Our culture seems to revolve around the consumptio...
- Looked at some "diet supplements". One thing that...
- ▼ November (20)
- "BLACK FRIDAY" (1)
- "Diet Supplements" (1)
- "IF IT FEELS BAD......DO IT" (1)
- "Point Shaving" (1)
- "Situational Eating" (1)
- A BETTER WAY TO MINIMIZE IMPACT (1)
- Blood Flow (1)
- Bushido (1)
- CABALLO BLANCO....... (1)
- CAVEMEN AND PIE (1)
- DIABETES INCREASE (1)
- DON'T BLAME PAULA DEEN (1)
- DON'T DO WHAT YOUR MOM SAID (1)
- END THE FEAST (1)
- FOOD PLACEMENT (1)
- FOOD RELATIONSHIPS (1)
- Just WHAT IS "PALEO"? (1)
- MARINE CORPS' 236TH BIRTHDAY (1)
- MY ATTITUDE COACH (1)
- MY RUNNING GROUP (1)
- NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS ARE A WASTE OF TIME........ALMOST (1)
- OLD HABITS DIE HARD (1)
- OPPORTUNITIES/FLEXIBILITY (1)
- PREDATORS (1)
- Primitive Encounters (1)
- RESPONSIBILITY (1)
- SHOES ARE RUINING OUR FEET (1)
- SLEEP (1)
- Stealth Calories (1)
- TALKING YOU DOWN FROM THE BRIDGE (1)
- TARGETED CALORIE EATING (1)
- THANKSGIVING (1)
- USMC BOOT CAMP LESSONS (1)
- WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? (1)
- WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU? (1)