Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Earthing-The Discussion

     There is a lot of discussion out there about this idea of "Earthing".  I don't know the answers, and I've posted links to two different views about the issue.  I don't personally know if it works, but I think it's definitely worth trying.

       I firmly believe that going barefoot is good for you.  I'm getting back to the basic philosophy of this blog.  Returning to the primitive.  Your feet were carefully and painstakingly designed over a couple of million years to work EXTREMELY WELL without any type of covering.  Our countless ancestors trekked over mountains, forests, deserts and plains without the "benefit" of the designers from Nike, Adidas, New Balance, etc. etc. etc.

     Modern shoes seek to confine the foot, squeeze it into different shapes, make it work at unusual angles, isolate it from the elements................you get it.   I don't know if the whole electrical charge thing is fact, but there is some science behind it.
      I've been going barefoot since I was a kid.  During the summers, growing up on the plains of Western Kansas, I virtually never wore shoes unless we were going somewhere that required them.  I ran, played, jumped, rode bikes, etc. without them.  I've been fortunate to be pretty healthy, too.  Is it because of all of that electrical current that I discharged?  Don't know, but I still love to be barefoot and don't plan to change that anytime soon............

No comments:

Blog Archive