Thursday, September 17, 2009

I continue to marvel at how our paleolithic hunter-gatherer bodies function. As mentioned in previous posts, due to a change in routine over the summer, and an increase in caloric consumption, coupled with a decrease in exercise resulted in a weight gain. I'm back running a caloric deficit daily now, and this old body is struggling to hold onto its' reserves. I've been tracking things pretty carefully for a week now, and am only down about a pound. The increase in physical activity to my previous level has likely increased some muscle mass, so that may be offsetting the loss of fat to some extent. It will be interesting to see how long this takes. I calculate that I have 15-20 pounds of "bad weight".......ok.......fat to lose. We'll see how it goes, and I'll follow with regular updates. Keep Ogg in your thoughts as you eat today. Take the stairs, walk a few blocks. burn 'em up!

No comments:

Blog Archive