Thursday, February 6, 2020

XERO SHOES "COLORADO"






Today we are doing a review of the newest offering from Xero Shoes, the "Colorado".  I have been anxious to post this review, as I am really excited about this model.  This is a sandal made for trail, hiking, and any number of conditions.  We really put this one through its paces, and it performed well in lots of different conditions. There is a link above that will take you to Xero Shoes' site, where there are other models and reviews, including a video review that I did.  I will be posting a review that I did for the new Mesa Trail.  It is a shoe designed specifically for trail RUNNING, and I think you'll like it as well.  I'd be pleased if you would take a look at these, and a number of other new models from Xero Shoes in their Spring line-up!!

    Before we get to performance, I want to talk to you about my initial impressions with this sandal.  Out  of the box, I noticed that the material of the upper is very smooth.  I has the "barefoam" insole for some protection on the trail, and a really grippy tread, in true Xero fashion.  I noticed that the toe box is not only wide, but very roomy vertically, giving your toes plenty of freedom inside. The openings along the sides give great ventilation for your feet, as well. These are two features that particularly impressed me.
     The Colorados have an elasticord for adjustment, and once you find the proper tension, they sit nicely on your feet, with no slippage whatsoever, even in wet conditions.
      We took these on the trail, and they handled it well, from rough singletrack to some very rocky conditions.  The soles still give you adequate ground feel, but enough protection that you don’t have to shy away from rocks either.  The sole grips well, even on relatively smooth granite, and gives good traction when doing stream crossings or in other wet conditions.
Those openings along the sides also allow water to flow directly through and drain out, so you can hit the wet with confidence that your feet will dry out quickly.
Although these will primarily be used for hiking, they do well as running sandals, too.  I took these out and did some trail running, and followed up with some time on asphalt.  I even wore them around during the day on shopping trips, etc.  They adapt well to conditions, and my feet, even in new sandals, had no hot spots or other problems.
Xero shoes continues with their innovations, and this model is no exception.  You will not be disappointed with this sandal.  You owe it to your feet to try these! They will become your go-to all purpose sandal.

No comments: