Review Disclosure

I am not compensated for any reviews on this site. Some products have been sent to me by the manufacturer without cost for the purpose of testing and review, without any conditions on the results or content of the reviews. I may receive commissions from items for which advertisements appear on this site.







Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sad Realization

When I have an epiphany, it's usually at mile 4+ of some run, generally in the dark, either by myself or with my K-9 running partner. Such was the case this week, as we navigated a familiar trail that parallels a rural road near my home. It was well before dawn, a full moon was heading down in the west, and, as I prefer when running, the world was ours. No sound save the occasional familar screech of a hunting barn owl, and our feet on the dirt trail. Times like that are something that I truly treasure, and as you other runners will know, it gives you peace like very little else. As we rounded a corner, we were blinded by the glaring lights of an oncoming giant dump truck, on the adjacent road. He roared by at 50 miles per hour, belching out a large cloud of diesel as he went. I know this was a guy just earning a living, but at that time, all I could think was how we so often fly in the face of nature and act with a real disregard for our connection with this Earth. We have "evolved" to the point that we often have no understanding of a need to be part of the natural world. We have crafted devices of steel and rubber with which we roll over and past the natural world. I could only think of one thing as his racket faded into the night and the fumes were slowly dissipated by the slight breeze......"Humans are really an annoying lot............" Hope I can do my part to do better.

No comments:

Follow by Email